NTM - Network Traffic Monitor
NTM is a monitor of the network and internet traffic for Linux.
- Choice of the interface to monitoring.
- Period to monitoring: Day, Week, Month, Year or Custom Days. With autoupdate.
- Threshold: Autodisconnection if a limit is reached (by NetworkManager).
- Traffic Monitoring: Inbound, outbount and total traffic; Show the traffic speed.
- Time Monitoring: Total time of connections in the period.
- Time Slot Monitoring: Number of sessions used.
- Reports: Show of average values and daily traffic of a configurable period.
- Online checking with NetworkManager or by "Ping Mode".
- The traffic is attributed to the day when the session began.
- Not need root privilege.
- Not invasive, use a system try icon.
- Tested with: Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala), Kubuntu 9.10, Xubuntu 9.10, Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix, Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope), Fedora 11, Fedora 12, ...
NTM is useful for the people that have a internet plan with a limit, and moreover the exceed traffic is expensive.
NTM is write in python and is a open source software, the license is the GNU GPL v2.
The project is hosted on SourceForge, the project page is NTM - Network Traffic Monitor
NTM - English Forum (help requests, suggestions and reporting errors or malfunctions)
NTM - Forum Italiano (Aiuto, segnalazione errori e malfunzionamenti, suggerimenti, ecc)
Autor (Luigi Tullio) website.